Friday, March 11, 2011

Best of Russia

Here are a few reasons why I love this place so much:


1. Beer is consumed, carried, and considered as normal as Gatorade:
Just a casual Sunday stroll..."with one hand in my pocket and the other one nursing a long neck."
2. Really convenient recycling systems:

 I walked behind these guys and watched them open, drink, and dispose of their beers all in about a 10 minute time span. Impressive.

3. Laundry services available every corner:

One day I came home to a laundry machine just chilling in the entry way of our apartment building. Why you might ask? The only reply I can give you is why not?


4. Toilets are as rare as trash cans

There is this really strange thing where you can't find trash cans, like anywhere, in Russia. They are so rare. It is the same with toilets. If you are out and about and you need to use a restroom..."just go man, just go." So, there was some really hilarious irony when I found this toilet, in my apartment building, being used as a trash can. (That tube/pole next to the toilet is a trash pipe. In apartment buildings you stuff your trash down these tubes....I don't know where the tubes go. They remind me of Sweeney Todd and it kind of creeps me out.)


5. You can pretty much wear anything you want in this city:

Yes, those are pink jeans. Yes, that is a man in pink jeans. Yes, he paired his pink jeans with a camo patterned coat. And yes, he still thinks he is BA.


...to be continued. I'm certain of it.

3 comments:

  1. Don't think that little rip off of my line(unannotated) went unnoticed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...blast I should have known I would be caught eventually. If you only knew how often I ripped you off and take it as my own. I'm pure gold in a new crowd with your material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you send me a pair those jeans? 32-34's? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete